Saturday, September 12, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again

It has been awhile since I've updated my blog; spending most of my creative computer time on facebook. Yeah, I know - pretty sad.

The summer is over and the kids are about 2 1/2 weeks into school. We are still homeschooling, but are using Bob Jones University online & DVD curriculum which is much better for everyone involved. Now if we can get Travis to just follow the syllabus & complete his work - life would be great. I don't understand him sometimes. I never would've dreamed of turning in work that was incomplete. Some of that stemmed from a fear of my parents' wrath, but a lot of it was my OCD need for straight A's. Morgan has made a complete turn-around from last year. She began seminary at church, which is Monday through Friday at 6 a.m. She has been a lot more focused since seminary began.

I'm still doing what I do. Training at the Y and at the studio; running, cycling, swimming, yada yada. I have one more sprint triathlon in September (Tie-Dye Triathlon) and then the Tulsa Route 66 Marathon in November. I've been keeping pretty close to the training schedule, but "stuff" happens. I really hope all goes as planned - no injuries or anything. I've trained for several full-marathons, but have yet to run one due to injuries. I'm trying to be really smart with my training, but I have the tendency to overdo things. I'm trying to drop some more weight as well which tends to make me obsessive. I'll probably go to my grave stressing about my weight.

Scott is doing well. He is such a saint to put up with all my crazy stuff! Job things are still up in the air, but prayerfully we'll have answers soon.

I really need a vacation. NEED!! Not just a want - because I'm reaching burn-out! Finances won't allow too much right now so I'll have to hang in there and be patient.

No comments: